Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ahhnold and the Arizona

Say what you will about Arnold Schwarzenegger, the actor slash governor of the Hollywood state of California. The guy is hilarious. Have you heard what he said during his Emory commencement? Coming from a Republican governor his joke about Arizona's illegal-immigrant policy is a pretty big deal. Over the last 3 years I've worked with two 2nd generation citizens and two people studying in America on visas. What I've come to learn is that there are many opinions on immigration as well as the illegal immigrant status. Arnold certainly has an opinion about the immigration issue, not only politically as a state governor, but no doubt personally as well considering he too immigrated to America.

Note that I am not endorsing nor arguing the Arizona policy on illegal immigrants, I'm just bringing up the topic for another perpetual discussion, and not a minute too soon I might add. Because, in the words of Joe Biden -America's hero and my future speech writer- this is a big fucking deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment